Crowdfunding Sites to Invest Locally
In 2014, $16.2 billion was raised through crowdfunding. Companies funded everything from buying new equipment, hiring new employees, to turning that prototype into a working reality. With the popularity and exposure from crowdfunding growing every year, it didn’t take long for people to set up opportunities to invest locally instead of just nationally and internationally. By investing locally, you’re showing pride in where you live. You may benefit from a return on your investment, but so does the community. There are many websites that help simplify your investment opportunities. Some of the best to consider are:
- Kickstarter – The most well known of the crowdfunding sites, it’s easy to search to find local opportunities. Kickstarter will also send you emails to let you know about new local campaigns saving you some legwork. They mainly focus on creative products.
- Indiegogo – Probably the second most well known crowdfunding site. Indiegogo makes it easy to search their campaigns for local opportunities. Unlike kickstarter, the business gets to keep what they raised even if they don’t make their projected goal. They claim they will help “anyone, anywhere raise money for anything.”
- Fundable – If you’re looking to invest in a local tech company, this is the website to go to. There are a lot of start ups to choose from in their searchable database.
- Circle Up – If you’re looking to invest in a local food industry company, CircleUp is a great option to check out. Most of the companies listed deal with healthy foods and green living.
- Peerbackers – Focused on entrepreneurs, it’s a great way to connect with local people with big ideas. Peerbackers even offers young entrepreneurs between the ages of 13-17 an opportunity to crowdfund.
- Angel List – Known for its strong ability to match investors with local businesses, Angel List allows single purpose funds. Investors are called ‘angels’ because they help local small businesses realize their dreams.
- MicroVenture – Another ‘angel’ investor opportunity where you can help fund local start up companies. You can contribute a small amount. It’s a great place to start if you want to invest but not break the bank.
- RocketHub – If you’re looking to invest in a local arts, science, or education project, RocketHub is the place to search. Originally intended to bring awareness to just the arts, it soon expanded to include other areas.
- VestLo – Looking to “Invest Local Illinois”? VestLo operated under the Illinois Investment crowdfunding law. This portal operated exclusively for businesses registered in Illinois looking for funding from its customers, fans and neighbors who reside in Illinois. Investments are allowed under the law from both accredited and unaccredited investors.
- Endurance Lending Network – Another ‘help a local business get out of debt’ crowdfunding option. It uses a different method of scoring credit than a bank does, making it easier for businesses to quality.
There are many crowdfunding sites available to help you make an informed decision on what businesses to invest in locally. The only question now is…which will you pick???
Reviews of crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter, Indiegogo and GoFundMe
Crowdfunding Website Reviews provides information on the best crowdfunding sites and service providers. Ranking and reviewing since 2012. Campaign creators can place a free ad to promote your crowdfunding campaign on our homepage. We encourage platform owners to contact us with new information.
You've got an idea, project, cause or business that you've poured your whole heart in to. You're irrevocably passionate, but faith can only take you so far. Thanks to the alternate universe known as cyber space, you’re never too far from someone that shares your convictions. Better yet, they may be willing to dig deep into their pockets to help you achieve your goal when it may have seemed like all was lost.
Crowd funding sites are on the rise and are a fantastic option for helping you raise the dough for the project you believe in, but haven’t been able to get off the ground. You wouldn’t just give your money away to a stranger, so consider turning the tables and really investigate which site is right for you to gather funds. There’s a plethora of options out there, so choosing one in the ever growing sea of websites can be daunting to stay the least! But there’s hope! Like the strong beam of a lighthouse, reviews site ‘Crowdfunding Website Reviews’ will guide you safely through the stormy waters of the crowdfunding world.
This “does exactly what it says on the tin” review site delves right into its top featured examinations as soon as you land on the homepage, no messing around. Did you know there could be this many sites available to you? Well fear not, all reviews are broken down into easily digestible sectors and held at the top in clear, concise tabs making this site one easy place to navigate. From niche crowdfunding sites, to all the top players in the game, you’ll be able to find the perfect fit. Each review comes with easy-to-understand star ratings covering customer service, cost of use and traffic; as well as a fully informative and analytical breakdown of what the site has to offer, and how well they deliver their service.
This is your chance to fulfill your dream, don’t take it lightly. Inform yourself and rest easy in the knowledge that the people investing in your project are sharing your passion, and so are investing their belief in you. - Jessica A.